"Reliant" trikes versus the law/MSVA

Help needed & advice given..try here
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Re: "Reliant" trikes versus the law/MSVA

Post by Kawazuki »

Chop you're missing the point mate - it was about 'Reliant trikes' retaining their original registration supposedly 'legal' but Reliant never made a trike and their 3 wheelers certainly didn't resemble the majority of what used to be for sale. I'm all for individuality and custom bikes / trikes but not at the expense of safety and roadworthiness! There have been a few builds on here that have gone through the MSVA and failed - just silly little things and inconsequential to an MOT but missed using 'common sense'! You aren't an average builder first off - some of the welds seen on these pages by amateur welders could be described as dangerous, not something an MOT would fail or that I would want trucking up behind me at speed!
johngee

Re: "Reliant" trikes versus the law/MSVA

Post by johngee »

back in the day in the early 90s i built an automatic mini trike all i used of the mini was the engine and front subframe the rest was motorcycle parts and fabrication it was well built and strong ,i got it moted on its mini registration and took it on a trailer for inspection at the dvla in birmingham they looked at it for about 10 min and that was it all taxed and legal happy days