Rewaco Headlights

Help needed & advice given..try here
davidh

Rewaco Headlights

Post by davidh »

I have a Rewaco HS4 that is an import and it's headlights dip the wrong way for UK use, don't want to stick things on them to correct it, has anybody replaced the sealed beam units on thiers with UK legal versions ? Anybody known what will fit them , I could ask Rewaco but that will take a month or two to get an answer and I won't like the price they will want to ship two from Germany :snigger:
madaxeman

Re: Rewaco Headlights

Post by madaxeman »

You can get Bates style 6.5" headlights on eBay that comply with UK beam spec for around £64.00 complete.

I think they are quite a bit cheaper that ordering just the sealed unit from Germany. And from what I remember they look similar to the ones I've seen fitted to the HS4.

There are cheaper "Bates headlights" on eBay starting from around £25.00 for 4.5 inch models. Just make sure they have the H4 bulb fitted. As some come with a crappy 35 watt bulb that are next to useless.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-He ... 20bcc4303e

I've had a set of these Bates headlights fitted to my Bandit for a couple of years, with a good set of bulbs (Osram Night Breaker Plus ) they turn night into day :thumbsup:

davidh

Post by davidh »

Thanks Madaxeman , watching them now, probably would be easier to swap the whole light and as you say cheaper than rewacos price :) Dam annoying that it's so hard to find out what the bits they used on their trikes are off originally, but they are not going to say as it's better for selling spares, just don't like their prices lol.
davidh

Post by davidh »

Took a head light apart today to measure the lens which is 140mm or 5.5" ?, after an hour on the nett found a Bates style head lamp inner 5.5" with H4 60/55w bulb and side light for £33.49 each but still not a 100% sure they would fit. Searched the web for the markings on the lens but they don't really help so it's probably looking like buying two of the above, emailed the seller to check they are UK spec just to make sure :) and they look an exact match to the Rewaco fluted type lights fitted as standard. I would then end up with a pair of shells off my old headlights to convert to speakers ..maybe.
The BFG

Post by The BFG »

davidh wrote:Thanks Madaxeman , watching them now, probably would be easier to swap the whole light and as you say cheaper than rewacos price :) Dam annoying that it's so hard to find out what the bits they used on their trikes are off originally, but they are not going to say as it's better for selling spares, just don't like their prices lol.
I've got a 1996 HS4, and I would never buy a new Rewaco, Aftersales service is non-exsistent and the prices they charge for spares is daylight robbery. :soap:
davidh

Post by davidh »

Did some more searching on Bates style 5.5" headlight inner and found some at £39.98 a pair :) took a gamble and they fit so in Theory my lights dip the correct way now, it's raining so not going out to try them lol. New lens is on the Left. So if you need UK versions for a Rewaco standard HS4 headlight circa 2003 then they are 5 1/2".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jomalcreations

Post by jomalcreations »

Resurrecting this old thread with interest!
Mot on my Rf1 later this wk.
Went to change bulb and found the glass was cracked.
No doubt due to the shocking number of potholes.🤬🤬🤬