HS4 REWACO STARTING ISSUES

Help needed & advice given..try here
goaty

HS4 REWACO STARTING ISSUES

Post by goaty »

HI ALL NEW TO THE SITE LOOKING FOR A BIT OF ADVICE BIT OF A LONG ONE IME AFRAID .IVE GOT A HS4 REWACO 1860CC ,TWIN CARB IVE GOT SPARK FROM COIL AND PLUGS BUT WONT START JUST TURNS OVER GOT FUEL ,WAS RUNNING FINE UNTIL I HAD TO TAKE THE BODY AND DUMMY TANK OFF TO SORT A LEAK OUT ON PETROL TANK ,PUT BACK TOGETHER WONT START IT DID HAVE A MT8 SELCA ALARM ON IT WHICH I WAS TOLD WAS THE PROBLEM SO TAKEN THAT OF ,ALL WIRES FROM ALARM WERE JUST SPLICED TO WIRES ON TRIKE SO NO WIRES HAD TO BE CUT AND JOINED ,STILL WONT START SO THEN GOT IN TOUCH WITH SELCA WHO SAID THERE MUST BE A CUT OF ON ENGINE SO DOWLOADED THE FITTING INSTRUCTIONS AND IT SAYS FROM STARTER RELAY ENGINE CUT BUT CANT FIND ANY THING THAT LOOKS OUT OF PLACE LOOKED EVERYWHERE IF THERE IS I RECKON GOD ONLY KNOWS ,BUT ITS ALSO GOT A LAMDA SENSOR SO WASNT SURE IF THAT COULD BE THE CAUSE ,ALSO A CONTROLL UNIT FOR CAT AND CARBURETER COULD THAT BE THE PROBLEM ,ANY HELP OR ANY IDEAS AS TO WHAT COULD BE THE CAUSE OF NOT STARTING WOULD BE GREATLY APRECIATED CHEERS
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Re: HS4 REWACO STARTING ISSUES

Post by Kawazuki »

Certainly won't be the lambda sensor or its controller - they have no influence over starting or running circuits (unless injection is utilized!) Alarms are the bane of fault finding problems, fitted or removed they cause issues! If alarm didn't require cut wires then it was obviously connecting or disconnecting something internally to allow running - who knows what that will be! If it has spark (at the right time) fuel, air and a moderate amount of compression it should start and run! Have you tried using starting fluid - that will usually get a response or even run for a few seconds - if it doesn't I'd say electrical fault likely! And pls stop SHOUTING!
Andy from Sandy
Part of the Furniture

Post by Andy from Sandy »

Your post is quite hard to read but let's see...

You have sparks at plugs and the starter motor will turn the engine over. Where in this process can there be an electrical engine cut-off engaged? That makes no sense to me.

So after cranking the engine for a bit have you taken out a plug to see if it is wet? In other words are you sure fuel is getting to where it is needed? Does it have a fuel pump and can you hear it working?

Has the timing inadvertently been altered? How is the timing sorted out? Does the engine have a crank position sensor?
goaty

Post by goaty »

hi all thanks for the comments thought ide have another crack at the trike today still wouldnt start ,still got spark at plugs took plugs out all dry ,took pipes of carbs and when engine is turning over no fuel being pumped to carbs ,so poured fuel directly in to carbs fired up straight away ,so must be fuel pump ,cheers
gorbee01279
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by gorbee01279 »

You know what they say, fuel,spark,air........nice easy fix for you. Is it electric fuel pump or mechanical?
The older i get the earlier it seems to get late.