Help!!

Help needed & advice given..try here
gispaul

Help!!

Post by gispaul »

Hi Guys,

Need rear shocks for my GL1200 Trike. Is there anyone really reliable in the NW (I'm based around Manchester). I've met and dealt with some right cowboys and I just need someone who really does know what they are doing. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. The arches are currently hitting the tyres so really need to get this fixed asap.
Trike3.jpeg
Many Thanks

Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andy from Sandy
Part of the Furniture

Re: Help!!

Post by Andy from Sandy »

My IRS kit came with protech shocks. They are doing a very good job

https://www.protechshocks.co.uk/
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

I've had good service from Hagon's in the past - speak to them and they'll tailor something specific to your requirements.
Davey the punk
Part of the Furniture

Post by Davey the punk »

I use hagons too always helpful
Born a rocker die a rocker :triker:
gispaul

Post by gispaul »

Thanks guys,

It's not so much the brand (although I appreciate the recs) it's more a contact in the NW to fit them and do some other work as well.
Andy from Sandy
Part of the Furniture

Post by Andy from Sandy »

If you don't have tools and the like I can see that is a problem.

By using a trolley jack and axle stand it is easy to take the load off the suspension in order to change the shock absorbers. The same will be the case when adjusting the preload.

Are the shocks knackered, not up to the job or could it be they have not been adjusted properly?

Unfortunately I am no where near you. Not that I am an expert but I could do the shock change.
gispaul

Post by gispaul »

Hi Andy,

No they are definitely goosed. I've had two cowboys (who were suppose to replace them) just adjust them and tell me they should be ok now, then a few days later, they've gone again. Thanks anyway
lepchaun
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by lepchaun »

What shocks are on it as you will need new ones of the same length and do u want stronger or just the same and what is your post code also can u do a photo of the underneath i used progessive 412s on my 1500goldwing but that was on a reliant axel
also have you got any tools to take them off with if someone was to pop around and most important is the kettle full and have u got jammy dodgers lol
gispaul

Post by gispaul »

lol, I will make sure the kettle and jammy dodgers keep flowing. I've got some tools (socket set, etc) and will take some photo's later today. Tbh, I think these are the wrong type that somebody has put on. I've got a guy (mobile bike mechanic) coming around this evening just to let me know what I need. I'll PM you after that lepchaun. Thanks
gispaul

Post by gispaul »

Pics of the current shocks below
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.