Hazards

Help needed & advice given..try here
jinjachin
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: Hazards

Post by jinjachin »

i dont have hazard lights nor did my reliant before this one its never been a problem at mot time for me not sure on legal requirement though
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

jinjachin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:08 pm i dont have hazard lights nor did my reliant before this one its never been a problem at mot time for me not sure on legal requirement though
Same here.

Bit of a case of "oh it doesn't have hazards, ok".
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

Not that either of you will, but suggest you inform the MOT tester of the requirements . . . . https://www.gov.uk/guidance/mot-inspect ... -equipment - unless the Reliant was registered pre 04/1986 ! It amazes me what people (MOT testers included) believe to be required / not required / testable or not and carry on in the mistaken belief they are correct - it only takes a disgruntled customer to report an incorrect MOT to the DVLA, them get checked and bye bye MOT status!
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

Kawazuki wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:49 am Not that either of you will, but suggest you inform the MOT tester of the requirements . . . . https://www.gov.uk/guidance/mot-inspect ... -equipment - unless the Reliant was registered pre 04/1986 ! It amazes me what people (MOT testers included) believe to be required / not required / testable or not and carry on in the mistaken belief they are correct - it only takes a disgruntled customer to report an incorrect MOT to the DVLA, them get checked and bye bye MOT status!
I have a friendly MOT tester.
Saying that, it was never MSVA'd with hazards on. No Trike-Tek V8 I have seen has hazards.
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
jinjachin
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by jinjachin »

will do