RF1 ST2 Cambelt

Help needed & advice given..try here
rocketray

RF1 ST2 Cambelt

Post by rocketray »

We have a RF1 ST2 with an 1100 cc Nissan Chery engine .
We are not sure of the mileage because it was first registered in Spain & it looks like the odometer clock has been changed.
It has the original cambelt which I would like to change.
Does anybody know
!. Where can I get a belt ?? I have tried local Motor factors,even giving them all the info on the old belt but they cannot help.
2 how much stripping out must I do to remove/replace this belt ??
3 Are there timing marks on the pulleys ??
Ray
Mal
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: RF1 ST2 Cambelt

Post by Mal »

Hi Ray, its not Nissan. its Infiniti. i had the same problem with an oil pressure switch, ended up getting it from Maria at Rewaco UK, not as expensive as you might imagine. As for how the job goes sorry no idea.
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

Well if it is a Nissan Cherry - no one lists a 1.1L engine ! Assuming its a 1.0L and a guess at the age, I found this . . . . . https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/tim ... 2/6128-1-0 . Obviously details would need checking but hardly very spendy for that sort of parts! If it is Infiniti - they don't list a 'Cherry' engine and nothing before 1997! I'd say that unless you know what you are doing / looking at, get a manual and look up the job - generally if access is ok, it shouldn't be that difficult!
Mal

Post by Mal »

20180218_104608.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

Measure the size of the belt, number of teeth, width, profile of teeth etc. Take this information to a industrial belt supplier and they should be able to get a Gates or Dayco belt to fit
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

Apologies for thinking it was Nissan! The above photo helped identify a 'Chery' - a Chinese brand i've never heard of ! ! ! But with that info, I turned up this on Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Joyfulstore-Te ... B08N4HD4F2 - hope it helps. And from that photo above if removal of the belt cover is as tight as it looks - good luck!
rocketray

Post by rocketray »

Hi Mal
Many thanks for your reply.
I managed to get a belt from china ( took 5 weeks ) & it was not TOO bad to fit.
I had to remove engine mounts,wheel & mudgaurd & jack up engine & mark pulleys. I also had to stand on my head & swear a few times !!!!!!!!!!!!
Also many thanks to KAWAZUKI for putting me on the right trail to order belt !
Ray
Mal

Post by Mal »

Really well done Ray :respek: If you go on Rewaco UK site and then Manuals you can get the part number for the front wheel bearings, i,m sure you will breeze that job. :thumbsup:
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

changing a timing belt with little info get a craft knife and split it length ways then slip the new belt on as far as pos then slacken the tensioner and push the belt fully home and then re tighten the tensioner then with a socket or spanner on the crankshaft pulley rotate the engine a couple of times to ensure nothing has moved, if you take care you should be ok
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

obviously remove the remaining part of the belt before pushing the replacement fully home i should really proof read before pushing the submit button