battery isolation switch

Help needed & advice given..try here
spanner

i wonder ?? if your reading is good !! lol

Post by spanner »

respect lev but ya not seeing what were telling you bro . ya got to have a KEY OPERATED IMOBALISER THAT WILL CUT IGNITION POWER . :killing me: so you can have the big mouth that i used to have ,on my old zzr 1100 . that was 170 db thats like the van that feckers drive around shouting :shout: VOTE FER FECKING LABOUR !! but this big mouth shouted :shout: THIS BIKE IS BEING STOLEN!! but the man wants to see a key operated as wires can be cut !! respect spanner , the olde victor meldrew fecker I DONT BELIEVE IT!! feck its been a long day bro .....
levvin

Post by levvin »

fairy-nuff!
still got the original bike key ignition barrel fitted, is that enough or do i need a ferkin huge red key as well?
terryt

Post by terryt »

levvin wrote:fairy-nuff!
still got the original bike key ignition barrel fitted, is that enough or do i need a ferkin huge red key as well?
there classed as an optionable extra :niceone: it all depends on how big your pockets are and how good your eyesite is :alkies:
spanner

red is good .

Post by spanner »

:respek: LEV ME OLD MATE , soz for SHOUTING!! key can be any colour bro , but i favour the cat type key used on bulldozers etc , i first used them on a reliant 3 litre i had , my mate had the same scimiter as mine and his just burnt the wiring and burnt to a crisp on his drive overnight . checked up and fault was well known so they advised us to get a battery cut off fitted so all wiring was dead when parked . so with me working on pipe lines i asked a fitter to get one fitted !! ( bossy fecker i was then ) lol . anyway he fitted a small key switch on the opposite side of steering wheel to ignition and gave me 2 keys, one on either end of a bit of chain . one was for the cat ignition and the other was for my ignition . put key in ignition , turned and nothing happened . now put ya cat key in and swich it on !! . result she started yay!! looked good fitted as ya couldnt tell .but i was dating a lady that night so chain didnt look nice so i went out and bought 2 seperate key fobs , put keys on both fobs and thought that was it ..... :naughty: ready for a night of love .. but when i got into car put both keys and feckall :hissyfit: tried and re tried , no mobiles in those heady days so had to grab a bloody taxi . next morning told fitter that he was a twat and had fecked my night up as early morning starts and rural taxis dont mix so ide slept alone .. gave fitter both feckin keys and said show me , clever twat how it starts !! he just looked at both keys and said wheres the chain? i pointed to glove box . he fixed chain to one key then attached the other key to the other end put both keys in and turned them on .... and it started !! he explained that the only way it would start was by earhing the keys ... smug twat !! so i was a bit :naughty: and went through a really deep bog !! that just left the seat platform clear . then took it for fitter to check the tracks !! isnt revenge a sweet drink !! ..... respect spanner last of the olde red hot lovers lol
DREADLORD

Post by DREADLORD »

yes i'll just be buying the ebay red then, lol. don't know where them machine mart and the other shop is. think that begins with M maccays is it.
terryt

Post by terryt »

DREADLORD wrote:yes i'll just be buying the ebay red then, lol. don't know where them machine mart and the other shop is. think that begins with M maccays is it.
or maplins :niceone:
DREADLORD

Post by DREADLORD »

terryt wrote:or maplins :niceone:
ah, thats the kiddie. sanilat................... where did i put my slipper:killing me:
DREADLORD

Post by DREADLORD »

was easier to find on ebay and 4.99 to my door. would of cost 10 quid to drive maplins. LOL.:killing me:
BorgCymru
Part of the Furniture

Post by BorgCymru »

"This inspection applies to all vehicles with the exception of mopeds. However, if a device is fitted to a moped it must meet the requirements below.
Notes.

The device may be mechanical or electrical, or an electronic immobiliser or a combination of these in addition to any switch normally used to start the engine.

Mechanical devices must be a permanent operational fixture and act positively to lock the steering or transmission system or both.

Requirements and Procedures
1. Check that the vehicle is fitted with an operational device or system intended to prevent the unauthorised use of the vehicle such that it shall be necessary to disable it in order to point, drive or move the vehicle straight ahead.
2. Check that any device fitted does not act on any part of the braking system.
3. Check that the protective device cannot accidentally jam when the vehicle is in motion.

Reasons for Failure
1. A vehicle not fitted with a permanent operational device preventing unauthorised use of the vehicle or, where a mechanical device is fitted, it does not act on the steering or the transmission or both
2. A device that acts upon the vehicle braking system.
3. The device is likely to jam when the vehicle is in motion."
levvin

Post by levvin »

BorgCymru wrote:"This inspection applies to all vehicles with the exception of mopeds. However, if a device is fitted to a moped it must meet the requirements below.
Notes.

The device may be mechanical or electrical, or an electronic immobiliser or a combination of these in addition to any switch normally used to start the engine.

Mechanical devices must be a permanent operational fixture and act positively to lock the steering or transmission system or both.

Requirements and Procedures
1. Check that the vehicle is fitted with an operational device or system intended to prevent the unauthorised use of the vehicle such that it shall be necessary to disable it in order to point, drive or move the vehicle straight ahead.
2. Check that any device fitted does not act on any part of the braking system.
3. Check that the protective device cannot accidentally jam when the vehicle is in motion.

Reasons for Failure
1. A vehicle not fitted with a permanent operational device preventing unauthorised use of the vehicle or, where a mechanical device is fitted, it does not act on the steering or the transmission or both
2. A device that acts upon the vehicle braking system.
3. The device is likely to jam when the vehicle is in motion."
Thanks, borg!