electrics

Help needed & advice given..try here
spinalT5

electrics

Post by spinalT5 »

Hi all,
Can anyone tell me how to get a simple wiring diagram for a vw trike that includes relays for indicators, lights and braking system. Ive looked around but cant see what im looking at if you know what i mean, or is there a book for dummies like me. :diggin:
DREADLORD

Post by DREADLORD »

lol, i am going through the same problems with a 126 fiat based trike , my self.
these might help a bit.
though i just see a bag of snakes.
colour is whats needed.
these might not be much cop to you as the colour code relates to my switch gear and the colours on the 7 core trailor wire i bought.
DREADLORD

Post by DREADLORD »

DREADLORD

Post by DREADLORD »

hopefully this lot makes sense. i kind of get it. LOL.
one of them stay :calm: DO ONE WIRE AT A TIME, or so pedro from RDC club tells me.
ok for him he is a lec tishion.:respek:
gtr-trike
Part of the Furniture

Post by gtr-trike »

if your using bike switch gear then you dont have to run a relay for the headlight, most bikes dont

and for the indicators, simplest route is a 2 pin electronic unit so it doesnt matter if you mix bulbs and LED's etc

switched live feed from your fusebox to the relay, then from there to the indicator switch, the left and right feeds out from the switch will light the bulbs, simples :)
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, then hit them with it :caveman:
grumpygramps-2007
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by grumpygramps-2007 »

if you find one spinal let me know please.
levvin

Post by levvin »

spinalT5 wrote:Hi all,
Can anyone tell me how to get a simple wiring diagram for a vw trike that includes relays for indicators, lights and braking system. Ive looked around but cant see what im looking at if you know what i mean, or is there a book for dummies like me. :diggin:
i took GTR TRIKES advice and ripped out every last bit of wiring, and started from scratch.

i created a very small, neat loom that works perfectly, has brand new wire and plug connectors, fuse board and best bit, cos i spent 4 nights working it out and soldering it all together, i know every last bit of it.
spinalT5

Post by spinalT5 »

Thanks guys for your help !!!!
spinalT5

Post by spinalT5 »

levvin wrote:i took GTR TRIKES advice and ripped out every last bit of wiring, and started from scratch.

i created a very small, neat loom that works perfectly, has brand new wire and plug connectors, fuse board and best bit, cos i spent 4 nights working it out and soldering it all together, i know every last bit of it.
without sounding thick because my brain really does hurt...have you followed what the others have shown on this thread or you have built your own?
Im using a ZXR front end with the switchgear on the left side with light horn ect and the vw beetle backend.
grumpygramps-2007
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by grumpygramps-2007 »

yours is close to mine, i,am using a gt750 front with a v-dubb rear. so going to need very simlar diagram.can,t seem to get my head round these relays jobbies but get there in the end hopefully.:dummy: