How do i go about linking brakes?

Help needed & advice given..try here
levvin

How do i go about linking brakes?

Post by levvin »

'LO 'GEN!

how would i go about linking my front and rear brakes?

what would i need, how would i physically connect?

i've got std v max single pot front calipers, and disc convertion rears, golf mk4 calipers fed from 3/4" landrover master cylinder, all run in stainless braided hoses.

i'd like to do same to zoe's trike as she has limited leg function.

lev
DREADLORD

Post by DREADLORD »

personall i would want twin front. one on hand for hill starts. and if linkin with the rear one on a 60/40 bias you can use a double banjo bolt. ebay about 8 quids. and hose going to the front. you can put an inline bias. (race rally stuff) again ebay about 45 quid. you can then ajust the bias to how you like it.
LOL. sounds like i know what i'm talking about don't it. LOL.
as if!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................:finger::respek:
Dr Death

Post by Dr Death »

You're a right B***er you are...haven't got it through MSVA nor MOT and you want to make dramatic changes already......

If you must do something cos you have builders finge,r sort out Zoe's Trike......
Speak or email NABD...they can help with the conversion....at the same time send to Kliktronic for a catalogue or ring them for advice....then she can have all brakes, clutch and gearchange as hand control and doesn't have to worry about her legs....

So leave yours alone...I'll post piccies of my linkage....with a trike you want the bias on the rear bigtime
There are things out there that scare even me
Trikeman
Part of the Furniture

Post by Trikeman »

get a dual lever system free from nabd via tha grant system then its also adapted for disabled use no msva lol
:killing me::killing me:
ENGLAND EXPECTS EVERY MAN TO DO HIS DUTY ..........
levvin

Post by levvin »

ferkin 'ell, DD!

YOURE LIKE ME BIG BROTHER!(if i had one!)

But, you are a big BRO,

And youre right!!

i'll leave alterations till after mot TOMORROW!!

Looks like theres no msva for MONGREL, as i built it to get our Zo back on the rally scene, but she went and bought TRIXIE her virago trike as i was nearly done mongrellin'!

The dude from NABD was SUPERB and everything zo needs for her trike they are sorting.

zos trike doesnt need msva as its a swing-thing,

But as she will still be pillion on mongrel for longer runs, the disabled rule stands.

i had already signed the cheque for msva and put it in the envelope when Zo read out the disability section of the msva aplication, and then after talking to Chris Corker, head honcho for msva, was told the type approval wasnt needed.

lev
Dr GrizZzly

Post by Dr GrizZzly »

I have just found an automatic virago

But I don't know what cc it is
And I can't find the auto gearbox I was just thinking that if you were to find one for her trike then she wouldn't have to worry about changing gear as well

Don't know if it will help at all.

http://westvalleycity.olx.com/1995-yama ... -106015054
Dr GrizZzly

Post by Dr GrizZzly »

Ahh just realised it's a 250cc
ravnali
Part of the Furniture
Location: Linton-on-Ouse North Yorkshire, right in't Vale of York sithee!

linked brakes

Post by ravnali »

I personally don't really like them, but that's my 2 wheel prejudice, after all, if the bias is set at say 60/40, then it's allways the same, sometimes I just want to use say the front when holding in traffic or similar. Having said that, the idea that dreadlord mentions with twin front discs, one on hand and one linked could give you the best of both worlds.
Al, aka Daft Vader
:crazy::swars::crazy:

And...if a first you don't suceed....hit it with a bigger hammer!
levvin

Post by levvin »

Dr GrizZzly wrote:I have just found an automatic virago

But I don't know what cc it is
And I can't find the auto gearbox I was just thinking that if you were to find one for her trike then she wouldn't have to worry about changing gear as well

Don't know if it will help at all.

http://westvalleycity.olx.com/1995-yama ... -106015054
WOH! Cheers chap! i didnt know such beasties existed!

that looks just like zo's 535, so now i know that yam built an auto vn,

i can get homeworking!

nice!:respek:
levvin

Post by levvin »

just re-read your post, DD, and we already have a shiney kliktronic sat in our house, waiting to go on zo's trike!

bought it used, before we realised NABD help out with adaptations.

we still would like to get the braking sorted, and twin levers sound the way to go.

As you probably gathered, Zo's VERY important to me, and i want to help her realise her wish to become a TRIKER, but also dread anything going tits up, as when shes riding solo, shes on her own, so to speak.

want to make sure she has every chance to learn to ride without mishaps.

lev