Misty Blue v8 trike

Share your photos of trikes and trike meets.
Ghoulie
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Misty Blue v8 trike

Post by Ghoulie »

I bought Misty Blue off ebay @ 3 years ago and tracked down its history.
Made by Trike Tek Ltd. in 1996 of Hove, Brighton (one of about 6x v8 builds they did) and taken to Spain by the builder after closing down Trike Tek.
Misty Blue was sold on ebay and ridden back to UK. It looked like this when first brought back to UK :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nil carborundum illegitamae
Ghoulie

Post by Ghoulie »

The guy who bought Misty Blue rode it around the Hastings area for about a year - put a 4 barrel Holley carb on it & a few other mods - but it caught fire and was sold as an insurance wreck - Les Nash of Isle of Wight bought the wreck & rebuilt it and ran it for a few years - reckons it got 2nd prize for summat at 2007 Bulldog Bash. I bought this off Les via ebay looking like this - quite a transformation from the original:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ghoulie

Post by Ghoulie »

I wasn't happy with the looks of the front end of the trike, so I asked the Trike Doctor - Marc himself if he could put me a new set of forks on the front end in similar style to The Tronster v8 trike & a revamp of the Tiller style bars. Marc agreed and as he did the work suggested other mods that would be sensible to do and bring Misty Blue into the 'modern era'. It was almost a total refurb by the time Marc had finished. The inital end result is nothing short of miraculous as can be seen here :
VmaxRik

Post by VmaxRik »

About time you stuck the pictures on....been waiting for weeks. :niceone:

Looking really well this time around.

Constant polishing cloth at the ready in your back pocket from now on. :thumbsup:

This nation wasn't given to our forefathers, it was wrought over a 1000 years of bloody war and the efforts of those who came before.
Let it not be us who bears the sin, of giving it away to the enemy within.

:guns: :guns: :guns: :biker:
janor kev
Part of the Furniture

Post by janor kev »

very nice mate ,very nice:respek::cooldevil:
Ghoulie

Post by Ghoulie »

The engine didn't run as well as it should - the 4 barrell Holley carb being the suspected culprit ( & I strongly suspect being the reason why the trike caught fire all those years back - horrible backfires through the carb, with flames!!). Chats with various people, research ont t'internet and excellent input here from Marc, VMaxrik etc. resulted in a a new high energy dizzy, coil and an edelbrock 4 barrell carb being fitted and bars / mirrors being altered to suit me. The resultant trike is seen here below. I cannot thank or praise Marc highly enough for all work, effort & ideas he has put into making Misty Blue the truly remarkable work of art you can now see here. Maybe its not everyones cup of tea - but it is certainly mine.
If there was ever an advert for lauding the calibre / quality of Marcs work - you only have to look at this series of pictures of Misty Blues evolution:
VmaxRik

Post by VmaxRik »

One last really important thing you've got to fit.....a fire extinguisher.

Seriously....I re-built mine using ALL new parts and fuel pipes. The thing still managed to develop two quite serious petrol leaks over the past couple of years. Luckily both were in the confines of my garage, not out on the road phew.

Looking round at our recent get together only myself and Levvin had them fitted.....I would HATE to see all this good work going up in smoke and flames again.

:respek:

This nation wasn't given to our forefathers, it was wrought over a 1000 years of bloody war and the efforts of those who came before.
Let it not be us who bears the sin, of giving it away to the enemy within.

:guns: :guns: :guns: :biker:
Ghoulie

Post by Ghoulie »

Very good point Rik - Misty had one previously in a box under the front seat - it may still be there - boxed in !!
I will definitely get one fitted
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

that is a thing of beauty u can b proud of it and so can mark :respek: to u both

THE LEP
Bloffy13
Part of the Furniture

Post by Bloffy13 »

Lovely looking trike you've got there Ghoulie :-)
2 wheels good, 3 wheels gooder