Turbine powered trike

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
Davey the punk
Part of the Furniture

Re: Turbine powered trike

Post by Davey the punk »

Hope u got good. Brakes sounds good
Born a rocker die a rocker :triker:
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

Davey the punk wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:28 pm Hope u got good. Brakes sounds good
I'm using the twin goldwing disc brakes and drum brakes at the rear.
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

jet toy maker wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:42 am
Davey the punk wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:28 pm Hope u got good. Brakes sounds good
You may need something better! Although the Goldie is a heavy bike it carries its weight low and shifts a fair proportion of its CG forward on heavy braking allowing good force from the brakes to be fed into the road. Trikes on the other hand tend to be more weight biased to rear of centre with less weight / CG transfer, so having strong brakes up front have less effect and can lock earlier. A better back brake set-up would also give more stable braking when used with force.
We all hope that we'll never HAVE to brake that hard but its always a posibility so I'd tend to overkill on brakes especially as this installation has no engine braking at all!
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

Kawazuki wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:41 pm
jet toy maker wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:42 am
You may need something better! Although the Goldie is a heavy bike it carries its weight low and shifts a fair proportion of its CG forward on heavy braking allowing good force from the brakes to be fed into the road. Trikes on the other hand tend to be more weight biased to rear of centre with less weight / CG transfer, so having strong brakes up front have less effect and can lock earlier. A better back brake set-up would also give more stable braking when used with force.
We all hope that we'll never HAVE to brake that hard but its always a posibility so I'd tend to overkill on brakes especially as this installation has no engine braking at all!
I can fit a disc brake on the out put shaft of the gearbox if needed.