Feeling a bit guilty

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
Deep Diver
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: Feeling a bit guilty

Post by Deep Diver »

Looking good Herby. And the damaged bead on the tyre explains the gloop inside when you removed it.
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
Herby01

Post by Herby01 »

lepchaun wrote:looking good and lovely paint job :thumbsup:
when i had my old cx i put a 25mm box section with footrests on just in front of the engine to stretch my legs on bolted it to the 2 lugs holes on the bottom front of the engine il c if i can find a photo of it
Lep I am toying with building some crash bars and using those two lugs on the sump and two of the upper engine bolts where the motor hangs from to bolt to, I'll do that at a later stage as I built the foot pegs to suit me, the original eurosport pegs lined up perfectly with where I mounted the swing arm so they went ever gonna work also it meant my feet would be directly below my ass which felt uncomfortable, these are just a tad forward and further out which meant I had to make a new gear shift and brake pedal.
If you can find some pics of your cruiser peg set up it would be much appreciated as it can give me ideas :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
More done yesterday with some wiring and head scratching, got the rear lights working fine only for the front indicators to mysteriously stop working! A bit of poking and swapping of wires as led's have a habit of only working one way round found the problem with a bad earth wire job done! :thumbsup: I found an on/off switch I bought for something else and found an unused live wire sticking out of the harness so a relay was order of the day and the spot lights are wired up and working.
I've incorporated a pair of eagle eye led's on the mudguard brackets as marker lights, dam their bright, they illuminate the trike front from the mudguard forward! :hoofle:
I leaned on the handbrake and broke it :hide: fat b@$***** I think I rounded a couple of teeth off! Quick strip down and play with the dremel should sort it! It did look a bit flimsy, I've also got to make some strong cable clamps, I think I might need some substantial steel to start from
Onwards and upwards
:loco: :crazy: :rotfl: :b :woot: :killing me: :rant: :drink: :shemademe:
Herby01

Post by Herby01 »

Right, I'm nearly ready to throw some fuel in it! Last job! Hazards! I've got a diagram off this site :thumbsup: I've got leds all round with an led friendly bike type flasher which works fine I also have a 30 amp max led friendly flasher I bought for the Boom but for some reason the Boom didn't like leds and refused to play nice, done my nut in :bang:
Today's jobs were repair the hand brake I lent on and make some more substantial cable clamps.
I managed to round off 2 notches on the handbrake ratchet and the tooth that engages in them! :hide: so I put some spots of weld on the teeth and ground them back with the trusty dremel then hammered the rivet that the moving tooth pivots on until the 2mm of slack in it was gone! 2 freaking Mil! :bang: no wonder it broke!
2 clamps made out of some 15mm round bar which started life as a handlebar end weight work great.
And I took the plastic off the side panels and I'm thinking of just going round the outside of them with black just to help blend them in.
I also took the DB killers out of the silencers as they did nothing and put the original ones back this time WITH wadding.
Thought I'd show you what the side lights and spots look like, I'm impressed with the eagle eye leds, well bright
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Herby01

Post by Herby01 »

Naughty boy today :o put some fuel in her and fired her up with the intention of doing a bit of tuning, that done in a couple of minutes and as there was no one about I took her for a blast round the block, once alone "just in case" and then with a passenger to see how she handles and I've gotta say she had better road manners than my passenger :hoofle:
Pulls well through all the gears, stops ok but that's to be expected as all the brake pads are new and not bedded in. It's loud and obnoxious but everyone that saw it had smiles and waves :thumbsup: happy bunny!
Only annoying little niggle was that silly vaccum tube that operates the "safety" fuel tap came off twice! I'll have to get some little spring clips to hold it on. Just have the hazards to set up then mot!
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

Bad boy. Go and stand in the corner. :hoofle:

Herby01

Post by Herby01 »

Shan't :b
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

Herby01 wrote:Shan't :b

That's another mark in your bad book. :bang: :poke:

Herby01

Post by Herby01 »

There's not much space left in my bad book! :smoke:
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

Herby01 wrote:There's not much space left in my bad book! :smoke:
You are on vol 3. :hammer:

Herby01

Post by Herby01 »

Hahahaha!
Had a good day today, I thought I'd mock up the hazards on the bench, got them working so fitted them into the trike, they worked out easier in the trike than on the bench, for some reason I needed 1 wire less :thumbsup: as they are all led they are eerie silent! I mounted the switch in the electrics box under the seat out of obvious sight of wandering fingers!
That done I went ahead and fitted the alarm as well, only to find both batteries in the handsets were pancake and leaked :bang: luckily I had spares :thumbsup:
Worst thing was both my gas soldering torch and my 75w iron both decided to die so I had to make do with one of those poxy 100w instant guns that are as much use as a glass hammer! Probably more heat in a box of wet matches! :hammer: and while checking bits I found excess play in the headset, soon sorted with a bit of adjustment. Just a bit more testing then off to MOT.