axle receipts

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
beekys trike

axle receipts

Post by beekys trike »

Hi everyone I've got a xj650 yam trike work in progress ime nearly ready for the road but I got the 627 form and its asking for receipts does anyone no if I do need them thanks
lepchaun
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: axle receipts

Post by lepchaun »

im thinking ur trike is not registered as a trike yet and looking at it its a bolt on if im wrong just ignore me like most on here do :hoofle: :hoofle: :hoofle: iv registered 2 in the past and this is how iv done them first i got it to a weighbridge to get the weight then to class 3 mot center after it passed i took 4 photoes back front and both sides then wrote a little letter stating what work was done and stated i have no reciets as i bought the parts from a auto jumble {saves a lot of hassle} i filled in the changes in section 7 of the v5 then i insured it and sent a postal order for 12months tax with v10 i think it was with copies of everything off to dvla make sure u pay the little bit extra to get them signed for as dvla ar good at saying we never recived them hope this helps

LEP
beekys trike

Post by beekys trike »

Ahh OK thanks for the info and yes its bolt on.its a pity they closed the dvla in notts would have been easier
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

its not hard to sort out the paper work and i hate paper work the mot guy will need the weight for testing the brakes and try to make sure its below 450kg otherwise it comes under a class4mot and road tax is plg then instead of tricycle the same as a motorbike 81quid for the year
LEP
Herby01

Post by Herby01 »

As mines a class 4 it makes me sick every time I hear £81 tax :o :vomit:
:loco: :crazy: :rotfl: :b :woot: :killing me: :rant: :drink: :shemademe:
Mad B0B

Post by Mad B0B »

Herby01 wrote:As mines a class 4 it makes me sick every time I hear £81 tax :o :vomit:
This will make you feel even worse

Whilst at the MSVA, I had estimated the trike to weigh 400kg, after using the weigh bridge came in at 420kg!
It's all about the grin on your face

:rock on:

My Build Log
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

Bit confused - Big engine bikes and Trikes (under 450kg) same tax bracket - £82 squid a year.
Cars and Class 4 trikes ie over 450kg - are done on emissions so anything between £0 and £515!

£81 doesn't feature anywhere ?
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

This might clear it up a bit:
Vehicle Excise licence
Just to make sure it doesn't get too easy for you, your Trike will be taxed under one of three classes. Where as previously your Trike would have been taxed as either a PLG vehicle (private light goods), or a motorcycle, a new rate was introduced on 1/6/99, as a concession for smaller engines ...

Part 1 - General rate - (PLG).
Part 1 : Concession - PLG not exceeding 1100cc.
Part 2 - Motorcycles up to 450kg unladen weight.

As with the vehicle registration, the "Tricycle" class has been introduced here too, or rather re-introduced; it's actually existed years, but hardly been used.

Expect to see "Tricycle" instead of "Bicycle" on your tax disc, if your Trike falls into the relevant class [Part 2].

Spot the anomaly again. Say for example, you've got a Trike weighing 420kg, it's not a motorcycle under vehicle classifications, it's a motorcar, but you're riding it under a "B1" (quadracycle) licence. It's tested at a class 3 MOT centre, but it qualifies as a motorcycle for vehicle excise licence.
Source: http://www.trikeshop.co.uk/trike_law.htm
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

Also Section 7 of https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 140714.pdf
7 Motorcycle
The term “Motorcycle” means a motorbicycle or a motor tricycle under 450kg unladen.
“Motorbicycle” includes a two wheeled motor scooter, a bicycle with an attachment for propelling it by mechanical power and a motorbicycle to which a side-car is attached.
“Motor tricycle” includes a three wheeled motor scooter and a tricycle with an attachment for propelling it by mechanical power
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
sprocky

Post by sprocky »

how mutch is your v8 sean as mine will be the same :thumbsup: