Honda Deauville 650 Build

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
Onlyme

Honda Deauville 650 Build

Post by Onlyme »

Hi trikers heres what i hope to be a trike build not done welding for about 22 years so best get some practise in hope to post images of build as i progress if i remember to take pic's :bang:
got myself 2 reliant axles ratio's not known apart frome striping them down is there an easier way to check ratio's
IMG_20170607_161316.jpg
IMG_20170607_161307.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Onlyme on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:hide:
miniondave
Part of the Furniture

Re: Honda Deauville Build

Post by miniondave »

Hi and welcome.

Which deau are you using ?

We had my 700 converted to a trike last year, sadly, because of my partners mobility we are having to look for a 3 seater instead.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
jinjachin
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by jinjachin »

Could you take some pics of the set up to give him some idea
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

Onlyme wrote: got myself 2 reliant axles ratio's not known apart from striping them down is there an easier way to check ratio's
On the cases there is usually a part number stamped that has a A or B marked. I believe B is preferable?
Onlyme

Post by Onlyme »

miniondave wrote:Hi and welcome.

We had my 700 converted to a trike last year, sadly, because of my partners mobility we are having to look for a 3 seater instead.
I be using a 650
Kawazuki wrote:
Onlyme wrote: got myself 2 reliant axles ratio's not known apart from striping them down is there an easier way to check ratio's
On the cases there is usually a part number stamped that has a A or B marked. I believe B is preferable?
The only marking are numbers on the clean one nothing on the other but the clean one is not one i've seen before as it has 2 lugs sticking out by the fill hole.
miniondave
Part of the Furniture

Re: Honda Deauville 650 Build

Post by miniondave »

Can't help with the ratio thing but if you want I can send you some pictures of ours if you pm me an email address.

Dave
Onlyme

Post by Onlyme »

miniondave wrote:Can't help with the ratio thing but if you want I can send you some pictures of ours if you pm me an email address.

Dave
Thanks Miniondave i would like to take you up on your offer via PM you but i'm not authorised to use this feature :eh?:
Flatcap

Post by Flatcap »

Onlyme wrote:
miniondave wrote:Hi and welcome.

I be using a 650
Kawazuki wrote:
The only marking are numbers on the clean one nothing on the other but the clean one is not one i've seen before as it has 2 lugs sticking out by the fill hole.
I have the same axle Onlyme and all I could find out was in the attached link! Scroll down to the axle photo's
https://sites.google.com/site/fifersrel ... le-rebuild
terryt
Part of the Furniture

Post by terryt »

A quick way to check the ratio is. put a mark on the prop shaft flange and diff and one on the back plate and hub.
locking off the other drum. if the brake shoes are still fitted wind the adjuster in to lock the drum or get some one to hold it so it don't move. Now rotate the brake drum two revolutions counting how many turns the prop flange rotates
if the drum turns twice and the flange just under three turn its a 2.78 or if its just over three then its a 3.23 any more than that I would not use them. if there is no markings there is a good chance there 3.23
hope this helps but the sure way is strip down and count the teeth
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
miniondave
Part of the Furniture

Post by miniondave »

Onlyme wrote:
miniondave wrote:Can't help with the ratio thing but if you want I can send you some pictures of ours if you pm me an email address.

Dave
Thanks Miniondave i would like to take you up on your offer via PM you but i'm not authorised to use this feature :eh?:
I have pm-ed you my email address. Hopefully you can receive them if not send them.