Trike build TTTriker Style.

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
lepchaun
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: Trike build TTTriker Style.

Post by lepchaun »

when ur ready to put it on the road as a trike get the avon corbra trike tyre about 130quid but worth every penney it will say trike on the wall of the tyre iv got it on mine and it makes a great difference on the steering
TTTriker

Post by TTTriker »

lepchaun wrote:when ur ready to put it on the road as a trike get the avon corbra trike tyre about 130quid but worth every penney it will say trike on the wall of the tyre iv got it on mine and it makes a great difference on the steering
Shouldnt be for a while the tyre onlyhad 600 mile on it when I had the spill but i've heard a lot of good about it from other lads that have Goldwing trikes so it's on the list. :thumbsup:
Real name Foster
Where Shall I go today
TTTriker

Post by TTTriker »

Now I'm not the worlds neatest welder but as a mechanic of some 40 years I can stick two bits of steel together in a way that they don't come apart, however on this occasion with the propshaft I left it to the experts, ( I might be old but I'm not stupid) I took it to a firm on Team Valley Ind Est. Gateshead. Drivelink Automotive, (If I can't say who it is please delete the name) did it while I waited and it looks the dogs doo daa's

Time however will tell if it's any good.

Next was the exhausts I ordered the silencers (not that they do silence anything) and some tubing I had to cut and weld as I dont have a pipe bender and the pipes and silencers were fitted.

If you look at the frame upright you can see by how much I have deepened the boot.
Real name Foster
Where Shall I go today
TTTriker

Post by TTTriker »

With the fiber glass work done and most of the mechanicals done I went for a dry fit of all the parts

With a few more adjustments it was time for the paint.
Real name Foster
Where Shall I go today
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

watch out u dont go over the 450kg get it weighed without some of the bits on if nessary as goldwings ar heavy on there own as bikes it dont take a lot to take them over the 450kg mark mine came in at 460kg first time i had a hell of a job getting it sorted for the lower tax and class 3 mot
TTTriker

Post by TTTriker »

lepchaun wrote:watch out u dont go over the 450kg get it weighed without some of the bits on if nessary as goldwings ar heavy on there own as bikes it dont take a lot to take them over the 450kg mark mine came in at 460kg first time i had a hell of a job getting it sorted for the lower tax and class 3 mot
Thanks for the heads up I'm just about ready to weigh it off and MOT it.
cant wait.
Real name Foster
Where Shall I go today
TTTriker

Post by TTTriker »

Right it was now time for the paint
The top box had a hole in it for some reason which I needed to fill as it was about 1 inch in diameter I used a hole saw and cut out a plug the right size

With an ordinary soldering iron I melted the insert into the top box hole.

And this is what I was left with

As the bike landed on the top box rack it also cracked the racks mounts so they were repaired as well

Real name Foster
Where Shall I go today
TTTriker

Post by TTTriker »

High build primer then a silver base coat was applied before to colour was applied

the colour was then added before the infill was masked and painted pin stripes added and then clear lacquer

Real name Foster
Where Shall I go today
TTTriker

Post by TTTriker »

Now as of a couple of days ago this is what I am left with.

There are still a few snagging list jobs to do but basically its ready.
Real name Foster
Where Shall I go today
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

that looks great :thumbsup: