operation jinja wing

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
jinjachin
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: operation jinja wing

Post by jinjachin »

didnt get many hrs in last week as it took me till tuesday to recover from the sat night watching a band at the pub so only got the h/b set up
P1030663.JPG
but im making up fot it this week as im going to see another band on sat :beer: . so ive been making the tow bar set up spent 4 hrs sunday making it i was well chuffed with how it came out till i put the pics on my laptop to put on here and relized it wasnt right to the eye so monday i cut it all up and started again finished it of tonight . i have used a forklift over head gaurd again for the tow bar luky i had 4 bends left as i destroyed two messing the first one up i also had some 12 plate lying around as you do lol this took some cutting and drilling two 19mm holes i was blacker than the road after all the cutting i wore my spray mask ther was that much cr@p coming of it
P1030666.JPG
next it was working out where to cut the bends out ofthe gaurd whilst working out the length and getting it all straight with only two hands it wasnt easy as i only wanted one weld to keep it strong
P1030673.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

P1030674.JPG
i m going to run a plate of this to the dif casing over three dif studs but because i can not slide the tow bar to the side ive got to make it in two pieces plus this will stop my axle turning any way this is where im at im really pleased with the way its turning out and all the fabrication work so far has only cost me £30 for the axle mount tubes
P1030671.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

An odd observation, but the lower shock bolts are both facing the same direction.
Shouldn't they both be with the nuts on the inside?
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

they are only mock up bolts how many times they have been in and out they are getting sore the whole lot will be out a few times yet
AngeloftheAbyss
Part of the Furniture

Post by AngeloftheAbyss »

What was the band?
Freedom has a price, the cost is buried in the ground :nono:
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

it is forklift over head guard we scrapped some trucks at work so i cut it up before they went i like it because its different ive never seen another done like it squire tube is normally cut at angles
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

it was a rock cover band . the local pub has a band on every fri / sat we go fairly regular in the winter we are going to watch a rock / blues band this sat
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

Bloody hell Jin, you could pull the QE2 with that tow bar. Nice welds to
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
AngeloftheAbyss
Part of the Furniture

Post by AngeloftheAbyss »

:music: :

:rock on:
jinjachin wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:59 pm it was a rock cover band . the local pub has a band on every fri / sat we go fairly regular in the winter we are going to watch a rock / blues band this sat
Freedom has a price, the cost is buried in the ground :nono:
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

Deep Diver wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:18 pm Bloody hell Jin, you could pull the QE2 with that tow bar. Nice welds to
cheers