operation jinja wing

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
jinjachin
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: operation jinja wing

Post by jinjachin »

not done much on here lately but have got some bits done on the wing its been just to cold . right it got the heads of the one wasnt to bad but not great but the other was really bad both cylinders had had something in the bore looks like some time in the past the electrodes have come free and damaged the piston and head but has missed the valve seat
20210118_182325.jpg
the valve seats were as bad as ive seen no shiny just carbon they took a while to bring them back .the oil seals were brittle so i think thats where its burning the oil from as the pistons are tight in the bores the head also had bad sratches so ive had them skimmed
20210201_173922.jpg
also it had 2 broken springs ive spent some time emailing trying to track some down i managed to get one outer spring the only one i can find in this country at the cost of £8 the other ive had to buy second hand from the us at the price of £36

20210118_182302.jpg
also got the swing arm painted . stripping the rear master down to reseal next as it will be a big job to do once the swing arm is in
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

Keep picking away at it u will get there in the end :thumbsup:
jinj if ur struggling to find parts send me a pm of what ur looking for and i can also look for u 2 looking is better than one :grouphug:
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

cheers lep it was just the springs really from what ive read is a common problem i could find lots of heads but no springs as no one will split them
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

Jin have you tried David Silver spares, they have contacts in the USA

https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/par ... rt-number/

There must be some other springs which will fit
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

dave silver has every single part for the head except springs mg midget look very simular but i dont know sping weights so ive gone for the safe option
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

jinjachin wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:24 pm dave silver has every single part for the head except springs mg midget look very simular but i dont know sping weights so ive gone for the safe option
A good engine shop should be able to check them with your springs.
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

been spending some hrs on it lately not quite running right and the l/h manifold is blowing because i snapped a stud off ive done a bodge but its not quite tight enough .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmIZD9ttqtU
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

Sounds alright, on the rev.
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

im having a fight game getting throttle cables for the wing i ordered some of ebay and the were 5" to short tryed rooting them a different way but still to short i can get them from usa but will cost about £100 after all the charges trying to find some one to make them been 2 places today no luck :bang:
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

jing try speedy cables in wales and another company is called think automotive who have made all maner if things for me over the years both companys are on line speedy cables no is 01639 732300 and think automotivs web is www.thinkauto.cm tel 02088475338 but may have changed as they have moved.