operation jinja wing

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
jinjachin
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: operation jinja wing

Post by jinjachin »

been in the garage the morning taking the carbs off as they flooded the head with petrol also done a bit of research one cause can be float height so checked that they were fine. now i couldnt work out how so much petrol got past the pump when not working i found out on the gold wing if the pump stops in a certain position it can leak through if you have a full tank which i didnt but it can also cause a vacum which it looks like what i had so the pet lock has to be turned of every time its not in use . the other problem was the carbs leaked all over the engine killing the paint which i think is down to the float bowl seals being worn it thought i would get away with it when i stripped them last time so i will order them today then it can all go back in . i also made a peice to stop the diliff spinning in the mounts
P1030689.JPG
that will bolt to the diff and the other half will be welded to the towbar mount like this
P1030690.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

im having a problem bleeding the front brakes they are spongy if i hold the piston right in with g clamp while bleeding its great but once the pistons go up to the pads its all spongy again it doing my head in there is no air coming out ether
dave174
Part of the Furniture

Post by dave174 »

Probably telling granny how to suck eggs but when I had a problem with my front brakes Jinge I pumped the lever until I had a little pressure, then held it and tie wrapped it, left it overnight and all the air worked its way upto the reservoir.
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

dave174 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:54 pm Probably telling granny how to suck eggs but when I had a problem with my front brakes Jinge I pumped the lever until I had a little pressure, then held it and tie wrapped it, left it overnight and all the air worked its way upto the reservoir.
I've done it this way as well
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

ive done that two nights on the trot ive done it to night as well as i was still getting a bit of air out the other two nights so ill see tomorrow
Mal

Post by Mal »

You may have already tried this, before you press the pistons back, open the bleeder first then push the pistons back then close the bleeder. Its still possible there could be a bubble trapped behind a psiton.
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

ill try that mal
JC1
Part of the Furniture

Post by JC1 »

The XJ front brakes are a pain too, the way they recommend is to reverse bleed them by forcing brake fluid back through the bleed nipple, I did try it but the leak from around the threads of the bleed nipple was too much …
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

JC1 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:21 am The XJ front brakes are a pain too, the way they recommend is to reverse bleed them by forcing brake fluid back through the bleed nipple, I did try it but the leak from around the threads of the bleed nipple was too much …
Used to do that on some of the forklifts, just open the nipple a little bit, about quarter of a turn.
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
Mal

Post by Mal »

Only way to bleed the clutch on commercial Volvo,s was reverse. used to use a washer pump and battery.