Turbine powered trike

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
jet toy maker

Re: Turbine powered trike

Post by jet toy maker »

jinjachin wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:00 am the internals on the box are very simular to reduction hubs on a fork lift . very intresting project
Yeah these gearboxes are industrial units.
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

OK i will post some photos of what i have set up on the trike build so far. I am using a 1975 goldwing frame.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

And three more photos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

I spent almost the whole day working on the two gearbox brackets. A lot of cutting and bending, welding. I don't have a bender that can bend rectangle tube so had to do it another way to get the bends i required.
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

I will fill in the welds and grind them back to make it look pretty.
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

Once again i spent the whole day working on the mounting brackets for the free power unit. Had to re cut,bend and weld as the angles were not right, could not get the free power to line up straight with the frame
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

I got the free power unit level with the frame and left ~ 12 mm space between the frame and free power unit.
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

hello jet great work, have you tubed the box section where the bolts pass through to stop the box section crushing when torqued up,you may well have done but would rather ask the question now great work keep it up.
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

Hi old git,
Thank you, yes i had to tubed out the box section a bit and had to redo some of the bends as well.
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

Finish drilling the holes on the mounting brackets and bolted down the free power with 3/8 bolts. will have some type of mounting under the gearbox as well. Clean up the work table and clean up the diff.