Turbine powered trike

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Re: Turbine powered trike

Post by Kawazuki »

jet toy maker wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:35 am Have a wheel base of ~55 inches. I think a 19 inch front rim will do, i was thinking 18 inch rim but with a 19 inch rim i can adjust the forks to make the trike level ??
Getting it 'level' isn't usually an issue other from an aesthetics point of view - more importantly it affects the forks rake angle and that is something you don't want wrong - many threads on here about 'front end shake' ! Good to see its still progressing. :thumbsup:
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

OK thanks, this honda goldwing had a 19 inch rim from factory so maybe i better stick with the same size rim. Yeah progressing but very slowly, will get to the end soon.
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

looking good fella keep up the good work ,got a few projects of my own going on may post on here when time allows.
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

Thanks mate, yeah i have some other projects on the go as well. When i am waiting for parts i go and work on something else.
minimutly
Part of the Furniture

Post by minimutly »

Kawazuki wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:34 pm Regarding upside down diff - plenty of bike engined trikes have to use inverted axles due to engine rotation direction on bikes and providing they are filled with the correct quantity of oil, haven't heard of any premature failures - sometimes less is more LOL!
I do -guy up near Aberystwyth had his seize up on him - either a BMW or Freelander. He solved it by drilling a new hole above or below the bearing.
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

Been a while, had to spend some money on the house some things need to be repaired. Been trying out tig welding not good, will keep at it,i have been looking around for a front wheel for the trike no luck here in AUS so got one from the US, not a bad price for it the rim and discs are in excellent condition for it's age. And got a new tyre fitted. Have some brake calipers on the way from the US as well with all the hoses, bolts, master cylinder, ect. . The trike sits a bit high for my liking, just have to live with it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

nearly there the last mile is sometimes the hardest but also the most rewarding so dig in and you will get the reward.
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

old git wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:54 pm nearly there the last mile is sometimes the hardest but also the most rewarding so dig in and you will get the reward.
Thanks mate, we are in another bloody lock down but have some parts to keep going with the project :)
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

same here I am spending my time in the work shop in the workshop I have plenty of projects to keep me busy.
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

You happy with the rake?
Just wondering if the steering will be a bit twitchy, as it is.

old git wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:39 pm same here I am spending my time in the work shop in the workshop I have plenty of projects to keep me busy.
Is it nice and clean in there now?

I need to get in mine and rewire the trike, but too many decisions involved.
Have changed the expansion tank, though :)
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.