Turbine powered trike

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
Davey the punk
Part of the Furniture

Re: Turbine powered trike

Post by Davey the punk »

Hope u got good. Brakes sounds good
Born a rocker die a rocker :triker:
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

Davey the punk wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:28 pm Hope u got good. Brakes sounds good
I'm using the twin goldwing disc brakes and drum brakes at the rear.
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

jet toy maker wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:42 am
Davey the punk wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:28 pm Hope u got good. Brakes sounds good
You may need something better! Although the Goldie is a heavy bike it carries its weight low and shifts a fair proportion of its CG forward on heavy braking allowing good force from the brakes to be fed into the road. Trikes on the other hand tend to be more weight biased to rear of centre with less weight / CG transfer, so having strong brakes up front have less effect and can lock earlier. A better back brake set-up would also give more stable braking when used with force.
We all hope that we'll never HAVE to brake that hard but its always a posibility so I'd tend to overkill on brakes especially as this installation has no engine braking at all!
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

Kawazuki wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:41 pm
jet toy maker wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:42 am
You may need something better! Although the Goldie is a heavy bike it carries its weight low and shifts a fair proportion of its CG forward on heavy braking allowing good force from the brakes to be fed into the road. Trikes on the other hand tend to be more weight biased to rear of centre with less weight / CG transfer, so having strong brakes up front have less effect and can lock earlier. A better back brake set-up would also give more stable braking when used with force.
We all hope that we'll never HAVE to brake that hard but its always a posibility so I'd tend to overkill on brakes especially as this installation has no engine braking at all!
I can fit a disc brake on the out put shaft of the gearbox if needed.
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

Been working on the trike on and off, done some mods to the gearbox support brackets slotted the holes so i have more adjustments for the engine and gearbox don't wont any of those parts touching the frame as it will be a bumpy ride. Put some Kool Wrap on the exhaust outlet as my back will be close to that exhaust.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

At last got the duct work done, was tricky to do but i think this will work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

As you can see i will be sitting on top of the engine, need some protection made up a FOD plate out of 6mm steel plate. The “family jewels” will be more comfortable with this plate in place ;)
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

Love the plate under the seat :)

The build really is coming along, now.
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

1130cc wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:34 am Love the plate under the seat :)

The build really is coming along, now.
Thanks mate :) Yeah i got to have some sort of protection, when i run this thing at full power the engine could let go and explode and send bits of metal everywhere including the inside of my legs, but lets hope she won't do that ;) The trike will get more items instrord soon.
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

really looking good nice careful work and well thought out as usual keep at it.