V-Star conversion

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
old git
Part of the Furniture

Re: V-Star conversion

Post by old git »

looking like you are nearly finished,and looking good.
firebob22
Part of the Furniture

Post by firebob22 »

Hi all, just finished the brake conversion from original manual brake rod to a master cylinder & fluid lines. After much head scratching & various templates, getting the master cylinder to clear everything & still have room for the line & reservoir, i finally got it fitted & working. I had to cut & make a new end for the original operating arm which had to be upside down to make it a push rather than a pull & as it had a weird cranked offset in it i had to make a straight end to fit. Fun & games, but got there in the end. The propshaft is still out being shortened & balanced so in the meantime i've been mucking about with the rear lights & guards. Won't be long before i can start to put it all back together. Catch you all soon. Bob. :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the restraints! :eek:
Davey the punk
Part of the Furniture

Post by Davey the punk »

A nice job bob👍
Born a rocker die a rocker :triker:
firebob22
Part of the Furniture

Post by firebob22 »

Hi all, just a few pics of the nearly finished trike on the only sunny day for a while! Only got the handbrake cables to fit, a new front tyre & while the wheel's off, get rid of that butt ugly hawks head on the front mudguard & a few clips & bits & bobs to fit & then she's done! It's been exactly 1 year from buying the bike to the stage it is now, despite having lockdown thrown at us & not being able to get parts/services done etc. But it was never meant to be done in any hurry & good job really. Well, that's it for the moment, keep safe & well everyone. All the best, Bob. :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AngeloftheAbyss
Part of the Furniture

Post by AngeloftheAbyss »

Very nice Bob love the exhaust, bet it sounds LOUD
Freedom has a price, the cost is buried in the ground :nono:
Davey the punk
Part of the Furniture

Post by Davey the punk »

A really nice looking trike Bob u did a dam good job 👍
Born a rocker die a rocker :triker:
Deep Diver
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by Deep Diver »

Looks good Bob, you going to keep building them to sell. Stop you hanging out on street corners chatting up loose women
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

hi bob has the missis been out on it yet,or have you still some fettling to do.The spring is just around the corner and better weather beckons you both on the road together.
firebob22
Part of the Furniture

Post by firebob22 »

Hi Barry, this one's just for Tina & i have no intention of building others to sell. As to chasing loose women, i'll need my Sturmey Archer three speed walking stick to get up to speed & then if i catch them i've forgotten what to do! :beer:
firebob22
Part of the Furniture

Post by firebob22 »

Hi Eric, Tina's not been out on it yet, still got a few small things to do but she's been riding mine when the weather was a bit better & getting on fine.