The Uphill Struggle

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
kajay

The Uphill Struggle

Post by kajay »

Thought I would post a few pics of my trike rebuild, hope you like them.
Had to have the engine rebuilt and a full rewire, currently sorting out pedals etc as the last person must have had 2ft legs.

I will post more pics as it comes together
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kajay

Post by kajay »

Well the rebuild continues and we were busy over the Bank Holiday fabricating new running rails which was one of the bigger jobs that needed to be sorted, just got to find a good way to attach them and that will be another thing ticked off the list.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trikeman
Part of the Furniture

Post by Trikeman »

kajay wrote:Well the rebuild continues and we were busy over the Bank Holiday fabricating new running rails which was one of the bigger jobs that needed to be sorted, just got to find a good way to attach them and that will be another thing ticked off the list.
look great,
T bar the front of the shingaurds and come of the torsion bar plates for the rear.
Nice one:niceone:
Marc
ENGLAND EXPECTS EVERY MAN TO DO HIS DUTY ..........
Dr Death

Post by Dr Death »

kajay wrote:Well the rebuild continues and we were busy over the Bank Holiday fabricating new running rails which was one of the bigger jobs that needed to be sorted, just got to find a good way to attach them and that will be another thing ticked off the list.
Somebody is a bloody good welder.........:niceone::niceone:
There are things out there that scare even me
kajay

Post by kajay »

Dr Death wrote:Somebody is a bloody good welder.........:niceone::niceone:
Yep and its not me, thankfully my father in law runs his own fabrication buisness so he`s been handling all the welding, would have been lost with out him
janor kev
Part of the Furniture

Post by janor kev »

really top job on those rails .well impressed:niceone:
kajay

Post by kajay »

One more step closer turning a moth into a butterfly, while the rails are away being worked on I fitted the new exhaust surrounds.

I`ve attched a pic showing old and new together

Not much longer before it all starts coming together
kajay

Post by kajay »

Well were getting closer to a test run......

All the seat bases etc are away at the upholsterers (Could be 3 weeks till they are ready though :( )

Rails and other brackets are at the powder coaters.

Front end being sanded and sprayed

All welding done

Body & Chassis 98% wired

Should be ready just in time for the MOT to run out.oh well
dodger

Post by dodger »

like this how did you bend the box or was it cut and weld bend
kajay

Post by kajay »

The corners were fabricated from 4 seperate pieces, i was amazed they could be made to look so good