new trike

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
rubberlips

new trike

Post by rubberlips »

hi all,well im just about finished with this trike.its got an xv920 engine with a starting system upgrade from an 1995 xv1100.i put alot of work into this ,had me nearly crying in the end.i built the frame,springer front end,handlebars,hand grips,pegs,handbrake handle,single carb manifold,exhausts,electrical and battery box,seat,air breather,indicator mounts,spikes, wired it and painted it.the rear axle is shortened by 7 inches with wider axle tubes.took more time than i intended but its nearly there now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dr Death

Post by Dr Death »

Bloody great........is all I can say.............

I'm absolutely staggered by the standard of workmanship and buiild quality of the Trikes that are being posted in this section ................

Every month I struggle to find enuff Trikes to go into Trike of the Month and all of this high quality self build machinery appears on a regular basis...

Rubberlips.....do you have any piccies of the build....once again awesome:niceone:

Please don't tell me you sold it.....notice the last piccies has "Evilbay" in the tag
There are things out there that scare even me
rubberlips

new trike

Post by rubberlips »

thanks.this trike started out as a different version using a xs1100 engine,with a different front end.well i had it all nearly finished wired it up and went to start it no go,the thing had no compression in 3 cylinders.i got it from a friend,he dident know and i never checked.so i put in the xv engine and changed the front end and some other bits.i will look for build pictures but they will be of the version with the xs engine,i wasent in the mood for taking pictures when i found out about the origional engine.its purring like a kitten now with this engine,it is from my own bike that had very little miles done. ya i put it and my other trike on ebay the other day ,and my motorbike too.again thanks for comments,i will look for the pictures
rubberlips

new trike

Post by rubberlips »

the first 2 pictures are the new axle with wider tubes,and the flanges i make to join them back into the diff.the next 2 are turning the rear pegs and the big spike for the bottom of the main down tube.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rubberlips

new trike

Post by rubberlips »

these are of the springer front end.iv never seen it done this way before but it works,i just used a standard set of top and bottom yokes and made the rest,alot of work.
rubberlips

Post by rubberlips »

these pictures are of the build using the xs1100 engine,the last one is the stage i was at before i checked the engine.if i could have turned around fast enough i would have kicked myself,an awful lot of bad language that day.
DREADLORD

Post by DREADLORD »

wow, just how clever are you. feckin loving the work in the springers. and well just wow. greal looking bit of kit.