Llandudno - North Wales.

This is a list of MOT Stations Members have used.We take no responsibility for the accuracy of the information.If you wish to add your MOT Station please do
FatRakoon

Llandudno - North Wales.

Post by FatRakoon »

I have had a bit of a journey in the last few years with my VW1600 Trike.

3 years ago I took it to COASTAL CARS in Rhyl.

They did pass it, but the hell I had for them oto do it was a bit weird...Its been done as a Class 3 for its entire life, but they wanted to do it as a Class 4 and would not even test it until I had taken it to get it weighed some miles away. I then had to moved the Numberplate over and this is, or was NOT necessary, but they made me do it. They also made me add both front and rear fog lamps. They had a few other niggles and in the end and a few days of to and fro, they eventually passed it.

Now, when the MOT lapsed, I decided to not worry too much about it and I had 2 bikes and 2 cars on teh road and so teh Trike was not the top of the list but I have now put it back o nthe road, and so I took it to M&S Auto in Llandudno. This is only a couple of miles from me and I was so happy, but then they moron who did the test completely shafted me.

First off, he tested most of the lights without the ingition being on, I pointed this out as he had failed a load of the trhings like indicators and foglamp and brake lights and then I turned the ingnition on and they all worked fine.
He also took the trike out and kept shooting up and down teh road and slamming on the breaks and trying to handbrake turn and this utterly pissed me off because he failed in on the handbrake and that when he tried an emergancy brake, on the front only, it bottomed out the forks... Yeah, its over half a ton and you slammed the front brake on, it probably would!

But what the hell are you doing, in trying to do these tests out there?

He also said about the emissions and that they an sort them out if I booked it in etc etc etc... They can also fix all the other things too, if I booked it in blah blah.

I took it to LMC in llandudno who had a look and he said that the forks are absolutely fine. he told me about a small gagare near to them, also in Llandudno called LCR Motors and I tok it to them and they retested everything on it and they said that everything seemed to be fine.

I asked about the emissions and they said that its not low, but its well within the range and I asked about the forks, and they said that they are fine and sure they may seem bouncy but they are good and are not needing new oil at all, they did point out that there is a slight oil leak from the engine, but they said its a VW and they are known for it, and its nothing to worry about ( Its leaked since I first got it ).

So, after all that, I will give a thumbs up to LCR MOTORS in Llandudno.
I will also add that Coastal Cars are not bad, but fussy.
And M&S Autos are lying dirty gits that are frankly not worth bothering with... Unless our Trike is absolutely pristine.
lepchaun
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: Llandudno - North Wales.

Post by lepchaun »

There is some assho,,s out there and trikes dont have emissisons tested but at least u found one now that will be fair with u :thumbsup:
FatRakoon

Post by FatRakoon »

In LCR Motors, the guy testing it mentioned about the Emissions.

I might be wrong, it could have been one of my mates talkign about it after.

But there was somethign about the emissions and the guy testing it had some issues with doing it..I think he did say that he does not or should not need to, but the computer wanted it. He was looking for info about the results on a different vehicle and using those, but he did the test on mine and it passed anyway.. Or I could be simply talking out of my behind, its all confuising to me?
Biggamehunter

Post by Biggamehunter »

Theres no emmissions on a trike mot ?