The Leadburn Inn, Leadburn, Edinburgh area

We've all got a Bike/Trike friendly cafe or pub that we, or our friends use . Now is your chance to share it with everyone else
Paul

The Leadburn Inn, Leadburn, Edinburgh area

Post by Paul »

http://www.theleadburn.com/

As well as the regular "Thunder Thursday" which is the first Thursday evening of every month, the Leadburn is always welcoming to bikers and trikers!

There is a friendly atmosphere, ample parking, great food and a huge selection of drinks. Highly recommended!
Yamaha XJ600 Diversion Trike
UGLYMICK
Part of the Furniture

Re: The Leadburn Inn, Leadburn, Edinburgh area

Post by UGLYMICK »

Sorry Paul been there and only give it 3/10 staff unfriendly food was cold and kids out of control fighting all over the place
will give it a big miss next time we are anywhere near Midlothian
steve wrote this then he stopped there

Someone here is very good at PR. Judging by the spin on their website they obviously have a good idea about what people want to hear about a traditional sounding country pub. A few things to bear in mind before going:

1. It's not a traditional country pub - it used to be until it was burnt to the ground and replaced by this modern building.

2. The food is mediocre - there has not been much imagination put into the menu and it is overpriced for what it is. I had fish and chips at £10.95 and found the fish to be greasy and unpalletable. My wife had the steak pie at £9.95 and wasn't impressed either. These are pub grub staples and you can normally measure the quality by the basics i.e. if you can't get them right...

3. It doesn't have a beer garden, it has some seats outside the pub at a very busy and very dangerous intersection - the old Leadburn was burnt down due to a driver hitting it at high speed, right where the "beer garden" is!! I certainly wouldn't risk sitting out there.

4. "Stunning" views of the rolling Pentland hills - really?

If you want traditional proper country pubs around Penicuik then you are far better served visiting the likes of The Flotterstone which has a proper beer garden by a babbling burn and does a killer steak pie, or The Steading, again with a private beer garden at the back overlooking the golf course, and a great conservatory area.