Category 79(3)

The place to chill and chat about anything
Ghost

Category 79(3)

Post by Ghost »

OK guys, here goes. Dare say this subject has been done to death but there is something of a grey area to me. I am an old fart and i've just received my licence back from the dvla and see that 79(3) is still on it although they did steal / remove the sixteen seat minibus and up to seven ton goods vehicle categories.

Like many I ran around on a bike for a couple of years but never sat a bike test and from what I can gather this category allows me to drive a trike but what really appeals to me is a reverse engined trike the likes of this .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ll0KR3qAiQ

Would I be legal to drive anything or limited to a measly low power?

Your thoughts would be most welcome.
Ghoulie
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: Category 79(3)

Post by Ghoulie »

From the reading of this classification on their site - it says restricted to tricycle / of which there are many. Mines a 3500cc v8. Search Misty Blue on here. You can drive any trike you like is how I read that. As old farts go - I am 75 & still going strong with my head still thinking I am 18
gorbee01279
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by gorbee01279 »

Hi, if you passed your car test before 2013 you can ride any CC trike, bike or car engine.
The older i get the earlier it seems to get late.
Davey the punk
Part of the Furniture

Post by Davey the punk »

Gorbee right
Born a rocker die a rocker :triker:
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Thanks for the replies guys. Very encouraging. Ghoulie, I was a long term fan of the v8 powered sd1 until I parted company with my last one three years ago. Gorbee, my test is pre 2013 when Harold was in no 10.

Now to start planning.