How long before a electric trike?

The place to chill and chat about anything
Deep Diver
Moved in and now we can't get rid

How long before a electric trike?

Post by Deep Diver »

With all the move towards electric cars etc, I wonder how long before we see electric trikes for sale. There's a few bike companies now doing them. There was two at the Copdock show a few weeks ago but I did't see them.
When you look at the size of the body shell on the Rewaco and Boom, there should be enough room for the battery boxs and control gear.
This team in Wales did a conversion on a Royal Enfield.
https://www.vintagevoltage.tv/

https://allelectricmotorcycle.com/
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
Davey the punk
Part of the Furniture

Re: How long before a electric trike?

Post by Davey the punk »

Had a go of an electric bike not for me no soul
Born a rocker die a rocker :triker:
Chopper303

Post by Chopper303 »

The thought of an electric bike or trike makes me shudder and cringe at the same time. Long live fossil fuels. I suppose that the bike industry will eventually have to go that way to keep up with all the tree huggers, eco warriors and the "Woke Brigade", but it definitely isn't for me.
Ghoulie

Post by Ghoulie »

Hydrogen is a far more realistic eco option than leccy
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

Ghoulie wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:43 pm Hydrogen is a far more realistic eco option than leccy
Depends on how much electricity you have to use to generate the Hydrogen and how IT (the electricity) is produced - yes its a 'green' fuel but if it only gives 1/2 the power compared to petrol and was obtained using a 'carbon use' source . . . . . . there isn't much point is there? :bang:
Ghoulie

Post by Ghoulie »

Of course there is a point. It will either be generated as a by-product of an existing production stream or from wind / sea generated electricity - but the point you clearly miss is the exhaust gas is no longer carbon based
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

And the point you miss is - if it is a by product already why are we not flooded with the stuff? And we don't have enough EXCESS wind / wave energy to power the country as it is so why divert energy to a less energy intensive fuel - why not just convert the Nat. gas power stations to Hydrogen? Its not the saviour of energy production - it may help but yet to be proven in a mass market situation!
Ghoulie

Post by Ghoulie »

You obviously know little of chemical industry or production. You only produce what there is a market for. Inos? in the North East have already set out to produce hydrogen on an industrial scale to meet the new hydrogen demand - JCB already have hydrogen powered machines. Looks like trucks, buses are all looking to hydrogen power as the easier source of green power
Ghoulie

Post by Ghoulie »

Aztec
Applier of sticky tape

Post by Aztec »

In my mind the only reason we are not using hydrogen in vehicles is because they haven't developed a method of charging us on the forecourt and taxing it etc.