Goldwing rear brakes

This section is intended to provide a repository of member's location and skills.
It is not to be used to advertise a business.
Greyfox

Goldwing rear brakes

Post by Greyfox »

Is there anyone in Essex that can help me
Rear disc brake conversion on a reliant axle with vw callipers cannot get them working hardly at all
Have changed the master cylinder to a bigger one

Two people have looked at it and still not good
I’m near to southend
Willing to provide beer tokens
Thanks
Mal
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: Goldwing rear brakes

Post by Mal »

Sorry, too far away to come. common problem with VW callipers, air bubble trapped behind the pistons especially if their new or recon. Open the bleed screws and push the pistons right back then bleed again. going with a larger master cylinder may be the wrong way. it may give you less travel but it will also give you less power.
gorbee01279

Post by gorbee01279 »

Mal is right, going for a bigger master is wrong go for a smaller bore master 1/2inch bore would be better 7/8 & above is to big, the principle being smaller bore master the more pressure at calliper or wheel cylinder. Believe me this is correct as I have been through this myself.
The older i get the earlier it seems to get late.
Mal

Post by Mal »

gorbee01279 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:55 pm Mal is right, going for a bigger master is wrong go for a smaller bore master 1/2inch bore would be better 7/8 & above is to big, the principle being smaller bore master the more pressure at calliper or wheel cylinder. Believe me this is correct as I have been through this myself.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: