changing rewaco battery

This section is intended to provide a repository of member's location and skills.
It is not to be used to advertise a business.
welltraveledami

changing rewaco battery

Post by welltraveledami »

Hi
I am currently in Spain and need to replace the battery on my rewaco rf1 trike, it looks very complicated can anyone advise the best way to go about it?
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Re: changing rewaco battery

Post by 1130cc »

Welcome to the forums.
When you get a bit of time can you pop along to new members and introduce yourself, and maybe put up a picture.

I'm not sure if anyone has an RF1, but i know we have at least one person with a RF4.

I did find this, though:
Well here goes, First you remove the front seat, (that's the easy bit) then remove the 3 screws holding the tank, lift off the tank over the gear stick, I then suspended the tank from the handlebars with a bungee (after wrapping it up to stop it scratching on anything. I then took off the nuts at the end of the rods nearest the tank thus letting the rods drop down,Then loosen the 2 locknuts on the end of the gear stick connecting rods, then twist the rods anti clockwise to release them from the trike. Disconect the negitive lead off the battery followed by the positive. Take off the bracket holding the battery down. (I couldn't get the bolts out without making a couple of 25mm holes above the bolts so I could get the socket in!) The battery can be moved at this stage but I couldn't get it through the hole as it was too big, A little nick with a junior hacksaw to enlarge the hole and the battery was free! A quick trip to my local GSF to buy a battery, cost was £40.74 but I got £4 part ex so was only £36.74 (a bargain I thought), I had to adapt the bracket holding the battery down to make it fit but that only meant cutting a bit off it, Then reverse the precedure. Took about 3 1/2 hours in total but was my first attempt, Hope this helps, (With thanks to John) Cheers, Steve
Source : http://rewacoownersclubuk.webs.com/apps ... ow/8203267
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
welltraveledami

Post by welltraveledami »

many thanks for your advice, will give it a try, sounds as though it may not be the easiest of jobs given the limited tools I have with me, may have to visit the nearest garage!!!
Appreciate your quick response it is a big help.
Chas
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

No probs. Had a feeling you were on your travels.
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
Herby01
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by Herby01 »

There's a Rewaco blown up drawing posted somewhere here recently, something to do with a fuel pipe, by chance I looked at the battery bit wich said it was inserted from underneath and to the rear!
Last edited by Herby01 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:loco: :crazy: :rotfl: :b :woot: :killing me: :rant: :drink: :shemademe:
Herby01
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by Herby01 »

Here it is, I know it's an RF4 but it might be the same.
http://www.rewaco.com/download/Bauplaen ... FX4_EN.pdf
:loco: :crazy: :rotfl: :b :woot: :killing me: :rant: :drink: :shemademe: