Turbine powered trike

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Re: Turbine powered trike

Post by Kawazuki »

Great attention to detail but maybe over thinking some things? Oil squirters for the diff pinion bearings - nice but why? They get splash lubrication from the crownwheel sitting in a bath of oil? And a mildly bent axle may show a bind now but add bearings and together with typical half shaft spline fits you'll probably never notice it! The rally boys used to purposely bend axles to add camber to the rear wheels - something that should be impossible with a live axle!
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

Thanks Kawazuki for the input. As i have flip the diff up side down the pinion bearings won't receive lubrication or not as much that's my thinking i could be wrong, but it's better to be safe i can always plug up the oil ports if this is the case. It's part of R & D process. When i screwed down the axle flange bolts onto the diff tube i could not rotate the axle hub and tried to rotate the pinion shaft as well that was stuck to. I just have to be patient and wait till the bloody government sets us free from lock down. I should have notice when i welded up the diff tubes and spun the 30mm rod which was very tight, that's when i should have straighten up the tubes. Oh well lesson lent
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

Regarding upside down diff - plenty of bike engined trikes have to use inverted axles due to engine rotation direction on bikes and providing they are filled with the correct quantity of oil, haven't heard of any premature failures - sometimes less is more LOL!
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

:thumbsup: keep at it mate, finish line in sight dont sweat it will all come together i chased a problem for weeks when building mine.
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

Thanks mate, i found a larger lpg torch so will try again.
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

jet toy maker wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:30 am
1130cc wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:36 am "cardboard assistant design" Love it!!
Thanks mate :) One day i will have a go at solidworks for my design work ;)
A way to get Coral CAD 2019, for not too mucu, plus other usefull stuff.
Hope it works for Oz, and lo licencing issues.
https://www.humblebundle.com/software/b ... -superhero
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

1130cc wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:57 pm
jet toy maker wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:30 am
1130cc wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:36 am "cardboard assistant design" Love it!!
Thanks mate :) One day i will have a go at solidworks for my design work ;)
A way to get Coral CAD 2019, for not too mucu, plus other usefull stuff.
Hope it works for Oz, and lo licencing issues.
https://www.humblebundle.com/software/b ... -superhero
Thanks mate, will check it out.
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

I found the large gas touch and that thing fix the diff housing, all good the wheel are spinning :) Got a couple of second hand tyres and new caps and finally got the trike on it's wheels.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

Have a wheel base of ~55 inches. I think a 19 inch front rim will do, i was thinking 18 inch rim but with a 19 inch rim i can adjust the forks to make the trike level ??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

While i am on the look out for a front rim and tyre, started working on the exhaust stack.