Turbine powered trike

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
jet toy maker

Re: Turbine powered trike

Post by jet toy maker »

old git wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:39 pm same here I am spending my time in the work shop in the workshop I have plenty of projects to keep me busy.
:thumbsup:
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

1130cc wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:48 pm You happy with the rake?
Just wondering if the steering will be a bit twitchy, as it is.
Yeah I'm happy the way it is, bit hard to tell if the steering will be twitchy. I did push the trike along and steering was good,will find out when i get some speed into it on a straight bit of road.

1130cc wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:48 pm
old git wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:39 pm same here I am spending my time in the work shop in the workshop I have plenty of projects to keep me busy.
Is it nice and clean in there now?

I need to get in mine and rewire the trike, but too many decisions involved.
Have changed the expansion tank, though :)
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

Almost done with the duct work and engine mounts, just tack weld this short piece of ss tube for now need to make sure every thing is OK before i weld it all up, you can see i had to cut one end on a slight angle because had trouble getting the engine line up straight in the frame because the frame is a little bit bent it will work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

I have some shim sheets to use to get the hole duct assembly set at the right height i machine slots in the engine base plates so i can move the the engine and duct work in and out as the NGV is a slip joint once the duct work heats up the NGV will lock itself in place.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

you are rely getting there now ,have you decided on the trail of the forks yet. keep plugging away till the end.
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

Thanks mate, i underestimated how much work is needed on this build but i just have to keep working on it when i get time. LOL i wish i could give up my day job :) AH but will have time off work in June so let see how hard i can push myself to get this thing ready for a test ride. Sorry old git what do you mean trail of the forks??
jinjachin
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by jinjachin »

keep it up we are enjoying the build some things take a age to make
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

Thanks jinjachin :) I'm happy you are all enjoying the build :)
jinjachin
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by jinjachin »

yes spending some hrs in the week it coming on now but with this nice weather we are having ive been out on the bike or the caravan at the weekends
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

jinjachin wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:31 pm yes spending some hrs in the week it coming on now but with this nice weather we are having ive been out on the bike or the caravan at the weekends
:thumbsup: